employment law for employers
DENVER, COLORADO, ATTORNEYS FOR YOUR EMPLOYMENT CHALLENGES
If you have a growing or well-established business, employees are likely critical to your success — but many tough questions can arise about how to treat them and what to do about problems. You may be extremely knowledgeable in your industry and excellent at serving customers, but not at all versed in employment law.
Whether you are facing an employment law problem right now or thinking in terms of ongoing risk protection, we want to help.
Proven Counselors and Litigators Focused on Protecting Your Business
Led in this practice area by founding partner Jennifer J. Gifford, we consult frequently with businesses across many sectors about employment policies, employee relations, liability and the handling of disputes. Ms. Gifford applies real-world perspective gained on both the employer and employee sides of this equation, and our firm is a trustworthy resource in areas such as:
- Education of managers on employment law and risk management, including hiring-and-firing practices, discrimination and sexual harassment
- Drafting of company and employee handbooks that can serve you well when questions arise, you want to terminate an employee for cause, or questions about your culture arise in litigation
- Development of employment agreements, including non-compete agreements, that protect your business interests while complying with Colorado employment law
- Pursuing litigation if an employee or ex-employee violates a contract, infringes on a trademark, disseminates your trade secrets, or engages in unlawful business interference or defending your company against suits or administrative charges filed against it by employees or ex-employees.
- Representation of your interests in collective bargaining and other aspects of labor relations
Guidance to Reduce Risk and Action to Earn Positive Results
Preventative measures are worth a lot in the employment law realm, because defending a lawsuit can be extremely costly to your business whether you win or lose. If you do become involved in employment litigation of any kind, our experience on both sides of these issues can be a tremendous asset for prevailing or reaching a settlement that limits financial damages. We also routinely provide basic guidance on workers’ compensation and other issues that can be business-critical.
Our lawyers never forget that we owe our clients integrity and fiscal prudence in return for their trust. Our reputation as a firm business owners and individuals can trust is on the line with every client interaction, and we treat each case accordingly. For a free consultation, please call or e-mail us today.